Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Friday, March 25, 2005

My next self indulgence....


Our books..

I have not been blogging for 4 days ... 4 days.

No, I haven't become bored of blogging but the fact that have been busy, busy, busy and busy. I have a deadline and dare not miss it.

.. and I have been shopping some books at Banana Books and BookEnds,in Gunwharf Quays & Whitely Factory Outlet.

These are the books that I am planning to indulge myself with. 3 of which are DH's, and yes we do share books although he sometimes does not read mine. (he does read my National Enquirer...does that count?) Yes, he has now become an avid reader of National Enquirer you know, and due to my current lack of time for pleasure reading, he would usually inform me of the contents! And yes, we used to fight over who should read it first , especially when it is still crisp.

Ok..the book that I have chosen is The Poison Principles ~ A Memoir of Family Secrets and Literary Poisonings. No, no intention of making it a guidebook to poison people but yes, I love memoirs. The last one that I had read was The Wild Swan. Awesome. (Still hoping to grab Memoirs of a Geisha by any possible chance) And I am slowly adapting to liking autobiographies, they do not differ much in form, really, simply because they are just memoirs of somebody famous. The first I had read is Diana, bought at a car boot sale for 50p. Not too bad.

The other day at Bookends, DH was reckoning David Beckham’s. Cheap. £5.

And I went “HUH?”

“Ya la..famous what..”

“No! …Well, if you feel like, take lah itu Beckham’s autobio…I tak minat”

“Err, tak apalah I think I‘ll take Ulrika Johnson’s”

“What?” Already giving DH a sinister look. Bile masa lak minat Ulrika nih?

…you may find Beckham’s would be interesting, but I’m afraid I have to think otherwise. It’d be dead boring. To read somebody who are superficial human beings would do no good to your self esteem…they only make you dream and dream..and dream. Well, there is nothing wrong with dreaming, but dreaming too much would be hazardous to your self-esteem. Trust me.

I need someone who is successful in some other way, somebody worthwhile of reading ..yes, an entrepreneur would suit me well. Maybe Bill Gates or Richard Branson. yeah…

My next book is Among The Believers: An Islamic Journey. Written by knighted V.S Naipaul, regarding his journey of meeting Muslims in Asia particularly, people who are in search for purity of Islam. What intrigues me is the fact that he mentioned those whom he met were those of Malaysia, Brunei and Indonesia and err, also the fact that he is one Nobel prize winner. Wouldn’t you like to know what he has to say about us?

Right, I shall not bore you with my new books, I know you’d probably have been flipping your heads on the computer desk by the time you are reading this line. Bear with me, I am just too anxious about my books!

Ok…now I’m gonna recluse to the loo with my newly bought The Times’ Mega Crosswords. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home