Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Fancy any crossaints or teh tarik?

When you have a grumbling stomach at 3 am, nothing beats two, all buttered, hot crossaints with a cup of teh tarik. Bliss. Pure bliss.

In case you are wondering, yes, I had proper dinner and it was wonderful lamb korma. When I say it is wonderful, I meant good, fantastic, well at least for a change … on a note that considering we had eaten chicken and chicken and chicken daily for the past few weeks. I hope we hadn’t developed any chicken traits for I feel it has slowly altered my DNA.

It is not the fact that I had little dinner, but it has been more than 8 hours since I had my dinner. And according to the law of tummies, my stomach grumbles and my head starts spinning. I bet yours do too!

Back to my crossaints, I love mine hot and all buttered in the middle. The best part of eating it is when the flakes crumble into your mouth and the butter sauces up your taste buds. Bliss. My best crossaints would have to be of Swiss’. They make perfect crossaints, I bet you.

And speaking of teh tariks, I have become fond of it since being married to DH. Otherwise I have been a Nescafe person. Remember the day DH, who were back then were merely a DF (Dearie Fiance), came to my house and after a strong persuasion from dearest mother, decided to stay for dinner. After dinner, mother had offered a nice hot drink for DH and the moment he said ‘OK, will do’, mother turned to me and commanded me to prepare the drink.

“Nak apa?”

“Err..apa-apa je lah mak cik”

“Teh tarik? Awak minum teh tarik kan?”

“ errr…”

The command went out before any replies were muttered.

And so I had to prepare the teh tarik. For the life of me, I had no idea that teh tariks need a handful of tea sachets to make them full and creamy. A handful, which I think on a count of numbers would save you on teh ‘O’ for at least 5 to 6 servings. Let me tell you, being raised in the hygiene-strict household, I have always been discouraged against dining at stalls and the like. So you can guess for yourself, I am not a stall frequent or a mamak frequent. How am I supposed to know the consistency let alone the right colour of teh tarik?

La….apa nih? Buat malu aje, ini bukan teh tarik…cair boir aje. Pucat! Tambah lagi teh!”

Ayooo…............

I felt like creeping under my shirt…...

Felt like an 3–inch wall could not well hide my embarrassment.

Jatuh saham..

However, thanks to being married to a teh tarik guy, I now make good teh tariks. Come to my house and I would serve you no other drink than teh tarik…And scare you not, I make perfect teh tariks (hahaha..angkat bakul, tapi tak apa blog sendiri apa boleh buat)!

But one thing for sure, I will not take responsibility for any constipation caused. Full stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home