Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Hungry Little One

Part I
Little one (LO) hasn't had proper lunch and dinner today, due to her parents being busy with spring cleaning.

I was totally off my mind with real time. I must have had my head thinking

..hmm...how's this? it shines? nay...gosok lagi....emm, more Mr Muscle...*spitz!spitz!* gosok lagi...more and more!

If you are wondering what I am blabbing about, it was the fridge! It stains so oh easily that it irritates me, hence the cleaning. It was almost 6 in the evening and LO hasn't had even proper breakfast (except for a small bowl of Milo). And I am cursing myself as am writing this....Kesian dia..

With ruffled hair and sloppy sleeping attire she came to me and tugged my shirt, at the end.

"Mummy...Atin hungry. Nak makan"

As reality slaps in, I felt almost like submerging slowly from a pool of water. La..tak masak lagi. Patut le lapar!

And so I quickly fix her two nicely fried, chicken drumsticks. She ate avidly that I had anticipated her asking for a third. But she didn't. Later with full stomach, she happily reclined against the futon and do the happy clickety with online disney games.


Part II
It was midnight and my tummy was rambling for a midnight snack. So, kitchen I went and reached for JustRight. I had two bowl-full of the cereal and should well call it super-advanced breakfast, not a midnight snack.

LO had seen me feasted on the cereal and so demanded be served the same in her pink-butterfly cereal bowl. Poured cereal. Poured milk. Chucked a spoon in. There you go.

"Come sayang take this"

"Owait....." She came into the kitchen and fetched the bowl.

DH: "Makan betul-betul. No tumpah OK? Baba tak nak tumpah"
(eat properly...no spillage, OK?I don't want you to eat clumsily)

LO: "Owait...Atin no tumpah"
spooning in a chunk of cereal into her mouth with a big *sluurrrrrrp*

LO looking back at DH with a meaningful smile.

LO: "Mummy, Baba... no angry OK? Atin tak nak angry"

Clever! Clever!


Part III
This was yesterday. LO was hungry and had asked for 'rice and chicken'. I was in the middle of a heated discussion with DH and replied her with a 'yes' and no further action.

Demand went unheard for a few times with a mere 'yes..yes, OK' and several nods.

About 2 or 3 minutes later,

"aaaa la la duuu di aaaaa..." *hymning* (trying to make up a la di da song )

"Atin hungry laaalaa duuu di .......nak makan....weeeeea la alaaa"

"twinkel..twinkel..laaa laa laaa...quick mummy la la la ...atin nak makan weee du we daa"

Heard it and looked at DH.

"She actually sang that she wanted makan!!"

DH gave a big grin.

"Anak kita nih....pandai carik attention"

Hahahahaha

And so I sprang up to my feet and off to kitchen to fix her a decent meal of chicken and rice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home