Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Thursday, March 03, 2005

3 Minute Wonder

I was stunned.

I was in the middle of work when I had a fast look at the TV. There written on the screen, the word 'Islam'. One smartly dressed guy with a lady dressed in pink top and pencil-lined skirt, standing near what I assumed a stand with two books. Later I understand that it was the programme called 'Three Minute Wonder'. It is a three minutes slot on Channel 4 where they air short-3-minutes programmes produced by amateur film/show producers.

Before, it has been either 'A day's life of an artiste' or 'I'm a dancer' . Most of the time, things that relate to the society culture or activity. But today, they have shown an advertisement to fill the slot. Something like catalogue TV and it wasn't this that stunned me but the fact that they were selling Qoran. By Haveit.tv. Wow.

It was a package of I think, two Qorans, with one or two guidebooks on Islam. They further stunned me when these two hosts speak of the 5 pillars of Islam and briefly explain these pillars. The lady even pointed to the wordings with her fingers to show how fine the prints are. Err...could she actually do that?

Anyway, I was stunned. The power of todays' technology..you could even buy Qoran on national TV at premier time.

Wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home