Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Monday, February 14, 2005

My little heroine

I was with the laundry when it happened.

"Mommy look...jump!"

"No...don't jump, nanti jatuh. Turun"

A sudden later, she fell on her bum and before I could reach her, she was already crying her lungs out. It must have hurt her hard.

Let me tell you something, mothers are blessed with super-instict. Mothers could tell from their childs' cry how hard a fall must have been. Seriously ..judging her cry it was one nasty fall *cursed myself for not looking when she jumped*. Panicky, I asked her,

"Mana...show me mana sakit"

"Sini ...waaaaaaa" pointed out to her back-waist.

Woo..I tell you. It was nasty. Her back was caught on the chair's wooden arm and her skin, as big as a fried egg was grated off. Seconds later, it turned red, then blue black.

After dozens of hugs and kisses, she calmed down and I wiped her streaky tears. A lesson is learnt. So I told her

"See..mommy say don't jump, you don't jump. Kan dah jatuh..sakit"

The response was not as expected.

"I wan to jump...pleeeeez,pleeez"

"You want to jump again??"

"yeaah....some more..pleeez"

"No jump..jatuh kan sakit..nak jatuh lagi?"

"Pleeezz" and so stubbornly she went back on the chair and made a jump.

I later understand that the latter jump was to compensate the one she had failed previously. Because after that one jump she said

" ...ha..like that..."

after which, she sat down, in front of the TV and watched CBeeBies.

That, is my little herione. Stubborn she may be but adoringly, my determined superheroine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home