Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Friends..where art thou?

Friends when you were young...

My previous post lead me to reminiscing my child hood times and how much I realised that I remember their names more than those that I had met during high school.

These are some of my childhood friends as I remember them

Eileen Loo - Miss Taekwondo, always the leader.
Chi Wei - the feminine of the lot.
Audrey Lim - the snow white.
Chris Tan - the only boy who had considered me his best friend, hence told me a secret that nobody else knew.
Sherene - loves to sing, draw and sketch. Sing like a nightingale and
draws/sketches like a pro.
Fadzilla - always happy like a lark.
Mastura - the cat girl. Smiled like a cat (really!)
Azlina - the role model. Quiet and ambitious.
Farid - the boy who always loved to join us girls play 'ting ting' or ropes.
Kamarul - Malay girls fall head over heals over him. Hahaha
Pooi Mee - the confidante.
Linda Ho - the 'Hello Kitty' girl.
Alex Tan - the boy who loved pranks.
Jia Hui - the leader, teacher's pet.
Amelia Razali - the sweet girl with a dimple.
Chi Peng - the school runner.
Evelyn Teh - the bus partner.

Annabel Ng, Hui Mee, Hui Yee..

I love them to bits. The malay gang was cool, esp during agama class or when we had to compete in Tilawah or Musabaqah in the annual interschool event. We were inseperable.

Eileen, Chi Wei, Audrey and Farid were my 'computer' gang. Every Friday, 'stay back' session had us hanging out in Chi Wei's house spending lunch time together before attending computer class at 2pm. It was the highlight of the week because I had the chance to borrow Chi Wei's collection of Archie.

Jia Hui, Chi Wei and Eileen were my competitors. We competed academically. Alex Tan was the entertainer. He pranked a lot and once, somebody made him ate the class' pet food - the fish flakes. He actually enjoyed them. and..Audrey had always returned the favor for a lift home.

Chi Peng was a lanky girl.I looked up to her in sports. Leader of the pack during MSSD. And Evelyn Teh was the girl I loved to chat up with on the school bus, simply because we were among the last few children to reach our houses.

Later when we bade our farewells, most chinese girl friends in 5A went to SMDJ. Most Malay girls who made the grades, went to Sri Aman and those who didn't went to SEA Park. And the boys, some went to SMDJ and some to BBBS.

I wonder where they all are now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home