Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Ghostly Encounters

Have you ever, had a ghostly encounter?

First memories sent me flashing back to childhood. It was the 80s and rumours had it that hantu kom-kom was lurking free .. mind you, in jilbab she was. She was popular indeed and made headlines in the tabloids. Don't ask me if it's true but it was later discovered that she was human (yes! despite the name) and ugly, hence the chosen apparel. Tuntut ilmu salah and voila..the consequence had her bearing an ugly face.
Do I believe in ghosts? If you ask me, yes I do. You wouldn't believe in one until you had one sneaking its hand under your pyjama, or shouting in your ear and laughed at you when you had Qursi clumsily recited. Or better still, until you really SEE one.

One of my best/most horrifying encounter was in Coventry. It was a Tuesday night and the girls had their usual Tae-kwondo night class. I was alone. I had reclused to my bedroom and engrossed myself into the piles of assignments that had to be done. Suddenly, thumpathumpa ..gedugagudugagdug!

My heart raced, I knew my ears couldn't have been more right because I had just unwaxed them. What it seemed was a sound of something heavy falling down the stairs. So scared I had a duvet over me and waited for a while. I wasn't so sure what I was waiting for.
My heart raced again when I heard somebody was walking upstairs, directly above my floor, squeaking the floor underneath its feet. How could there be anyone else, the girls are out! Boy, this is as good as haunted house in the carnivals. I couldn't quite explain what happened next because a good 30 minutes after the noise had first started I had an enormous courage to do some Dick Tracy act.

So, sticked my head out the bedroom door...good, it's clear ..walked out of the room, and inspected the stairs. Absolutely positive there wasn't anything at the foot of the stairs. The sound was so loud I had imagined someone had thrown at least, a small heavy luggage down the stairs. But there was nothing!

Called up the girls name and all I had was silence. Went upstairs, called them a few more times, no reply. Lights..no lights, their lights are off. Called them again and pushed the bedroom doors, one after the other. Switched on the lights, checked and it all came clear to me that I WAS definitely alone in the house. Rushed down, closed my door ...and tried hard to sleep, although it was only 8pm. I must have dozed away when the girls were back. Told them.

" Ye ke ni? "

"iyela…..absolutely 100% sure.. there was something ghostly here an hour ago."

"But we've been here for months..nothing have happened.." oh well, maybe it is just the beginning..

I couldn't remember how they dismissed the whole thing. Maybe to them I was being delirious. I am glad to this day whatever it was, had not repeated the scene on Tuesday nights that I was alone in the house, ever since.

Later I learned that the girls in Peterborough were unluckier. They endured constant ghostly encounters. Apparently, the ‘ghost’ was fond with switching the water tap on, filling the bath and boiling the kettle, almost every other day. I tell you that were scarier. Though had never heard a ghost that was obsessed with H2O that much.

The reason I had posted this is because months ago we had our electronic weighing machine beeping endlessly during the night. (You see, on a working basis it only beeps when you step ON it so your weight can be read) Every time it happened, I rushed to see what was on the display.
Error.
Well, maybe the PCB has got short-circuited somewhere, I thought.
Until one day it beeped and displayed 0.03. That’s 3 grams! It spooked us up so finally we had the batteries taken out. I think it went beeping a few times (yes, without the battery) and finally gave it a rest. Things went back to normal.

So, there you go, my ghostly encounters. There are lots more but one thing for sure I’d become hantu myself if I don’t stop now and have my shower.adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home