Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Saturday, May 21, 2005

Reminiscing the Alleycats' renditions..live in Colindale!

In a few hours time we will be watching Alleycats at the front of our very eyes. *can't wait*.

I remember when I was an undergraduate about 6 yrs ago, Pak Uda came to visit me at the university. He was on a-year course with the British Aerospace and since Farnborough is not that far from my place, he decided to spend the weekend with me. And so he drove a hired MPV, along with 5 other Malaysian friends. That weekend we all went to Isle of Wight, a small island at the south of Southampton. As we had been crossing the channel with the MPV (by ferry), our ears were softly serenaded by Alleycat songs played on the car radio. Apparently, Pak Uda had brought a cassette of his very much adored band, the Alleycats.

"Aaahh..best lagu2 nih" Pak Uda said noddingly.

"Nih lagu masa kecik2 nih"

"Yelah, lagu nih kau kecik lagi, masa tu Pak Uda tengah dating Mak Uda kau"

"Ala, ingat, masa tu Pak Uda rambut afro, dating Mak Uda"

"Ingat pun kau!"

And today, I will get to see the band live in Colindale. I shall snap a few photos with the band and send some copies to Pak Uda. Maybe generously give him an autograph of his idol, David Arumugam or the whole Alleycats.

The band excellently survive adoration from several generation. From when I was just a little girl and during Pak Uda's courting years with Mak Uda, until now I am married with a daughter of my own and Pak Uda married with 3 children with Mak Uda.

"Sampaikanlah salam..cintaku pada-nyiaaa....ladida..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home