Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Loving Su-Doku!

We had a brilliant day today visiting Avebury Circle and West Kennet Long Burrow. However, I am just too tired to blog about it tonight. Uploading photos would take a while for it is an AOL dial up that we are using.

After dinner and a hot shower, as usual, at the dining table, read several previous D Mirrors bought by Z. There weren't many global news for it is only a tabloid. Juicy, detailed stories of Big Brother, a-jungle-style celebrity reality show and a pin up of Sharon Stone conquer the more important global affairs worthy of any elaborate writings. Half the content is on sports, ie football. I guess that is why Z had bought them. He, is fanatics about football. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, in fact, it didn't matter to me at all, for I go only for the crossword puzzles. Love them.

What had intrigued me for the past few days is the newly (well not so recent but they say it is a new craze nowadays) introduced puzzle called Su-Doku, a japanese numeric puzzle. 3 nights ago, I had given it a try but gave up the moment I slipped into SlumberLand. Yesterday, had another try but had difficulty in dechipering the puzzle. The instructions given were too simplistic that I hadn't got a clue on how to go about solving it. I had even tried solving it Mensa-style (you know lah kan, Mensa puzzles are very tricky..) Yup, no luck.

Tonight, after much mind-bongling, I finally managed to solve it within minutes! It is so simple and very straight forward. You have to got a good, clear instruction in order to understand the puzzle.

Go on, give it a try. Find one on a google search.

But I guess once you know how to solve it, you'd find it boring the next time around. At least that is what I felt tonight. Unless, if you decide to challenge yourself (or a friend) to solving it against time. That would spice it up. Carol Vorderman, the British TV celebrity cum mathematical genius (with an IQ of 154) had once solved a Su-Doku for approximately 7 minutes.

See if you could beat her!

..and let me know if you are faster!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home