Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Alive and Kicking..with hay fever

Weee Heee I am back and miss blogging so much. I miss you all readers too!

I have been busy and this Hay Fever I am getting, I could so do without! These are partly reasons why I have become so disengaged with blogging for these past weeks.

It is funny really. All these years I have thought that only locals (mat sallehs) do get hay fever. It never dawned on me that people like me could ever get it, well, although I knew that the ailment could attack almost anyone who are prone to become allergic to pollen (you out there with medicine knowledege do correct me if I'm wrong on this). Ironically, it has been 9 solid Claritynyears that I have been residing in this beloved Queen's country and have gotten it only now.

Let me tell you what hay fever is. We hay fever patients are allergic to pollen. When it's Spring and Summer, pollens are at their maximum activity. We get affected by this. A lot. It is annoying really, for you get sneezing continuously almost like a choo-choo train. Your eyes water and you'd have a running nose. When you are outside, people would mistaken you for having been crying, all thanks to that red nose and those red puffy eyes. To some extend, your throat becomes dry and your ears ache. Yes, very annoying. I have tried taking Clarityn but it does me no good. I get drowsy, albeit the pack labelled 'Non-drowsy'.

A trip to the local play ground or park is a big No-No. The other day we spent the afternoon taking photographs in the local grounds. It was a beautiful day and flowers were blooming bright and the sun was out. After an hour, I had to recluse myself indoors. Sneezed 7 times in a row. Became light headed instantly. And if I could graphically describe it to you, 'like-a-koala-bear-got-stucked-hugging,holding-on-to-my-nose-24/7' would be the best description.

Times like this I miss home. Huhuhu....nak balik!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home