Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Oldies to Goldies


Granny and Grandpa in GrandCar

We were on the M3 to South today and spotted an antic car. My luck was in as I had my GX20 in my denim's jacket instead of my jean's pocket. Not wanting to miss the chance like I had last time (spotted a Proton Gen-2 last week but missed the car by a split second by the time I had my mobile out of my pocket), managed to snap a photo or two. And it turned out that this is the best outcome. As the antic was exiting M3 towards Eastleigh, I only realised that the driver was an elderly lady in her 70s and on the passenger seat was an elderly gentleman also, in his 70s I must say.

The driver grandma had her long scarf wound around her neck and her scarf was swaying back along with the flow of the air. The grandpa ...was wearing some kind of a hat that looks like a fishing one. He had his arm around his spouse's back, on the upper seat. Both have all-white hair. And the car? I think it must has been in its heydays in 1920s?1930s?

Wa...very the goldies! And to see goldies go romantic is a priceless scenery.

I don't know about you but everytime I see elderly couples walking side by side, holding hands, I have my melting moments. aaaahhhh...so sweet. Why? Because such a sighting is so rare. You seldom see elderly spouses grow old together and embrace each other companies as either the other spouse is six feet under or marriages do not last long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home