Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Monday, April 11, 2005

Oh my little daughter - Part 3

As I am hitting this keyboard, Sky Movie 4 is showing The Ring (Hollywood version) and LO is watching it with full anxiety albeit cowardly hides behind the couch pillows. A few minutes ago the thrill was at a crescendo and the music was too much to my annoyance as it is close to midnight and I bet you waking the toddler next door is last on my list (next-door neighbour has a toddler that constantly wails at the slightest slam of doors).

Ah..yes, LO is a late sleeper.

"Sayang, tone the volume down a bit please. Too loud"

"Owait.." *Reaches the Sky remote and adjusts the volume*

And she slowly crawled underneath my legs and uninvitedly sat on my right foot. Using my body to shield herself from the TV screen, she stretched her neck out to watch the ending, exactly like a shy tortoise hiding in and out of its shell. And yes my foot is getting numb from all the weight.

Aiik..

...suddenly the telly went mute.

I turned around and saw that the telly was set to mute but yes, The Ring was still on.

"What happened ? Come on mummy tak dengar...volume please"

"No.." *Eyes on telly, head unturned*

"No? Why?"

"Atin tak nak" *Concentrating on the ending..wooo it seems that mummy's order is a fuzzy, distant murmur*

"Huh? Come on...mummy tak dengar."

*no response* *Still peeking. Hands clutching to mummy's shirt.*

"Mummy tak dengar lah. " I wasn't actually watching it but however it felt nice to listen to the telly while on-line.

"Taaaaak naaaaak, Atin tatut" *Eyes still glued to the screen*

Takut ??

Oh my little daughter....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home