Amused And Confused

Am amused and confused in the rollercoaster of life with high anticipation that the amusement would outbalance confusion. Do please sit back, be amused and entertained but be you not confused.
~A Malaysian blog~

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Kangkung aka water spinach

I feel guilty for not updating this blog for the past few days. The fact that I have fall short on things to blog and at the same time been unwell, has caused the brief hiatus on entries. Also, I have less time to read blogs and hence, my creativity has gone stunted. And, have been busy too. Excuses, excuses.

OK...I have been unwell. We concluded that it could have been kangkung* we ate few days ago. Before I got married, I was perfectly flexible with food. I could go on without dinner until the late hours or simply eat bread for lunch. But now, after being married I have turned more like DH.



water spinach


DH, he, is a person with the most sensitive digestive system I have ever met. Really. He has to take dinner on time and it has to be rice for main course. No junk food. No in-between snacks. Due to sensitive digestion, he has to be picky. Vegetables that can cause 'air' problem is a big no-no. We Asians believe that certain food can cause bloating and aching joints, mostly vegetables that creep in nature, including kangkung.

I was a total opposite of Dearie Husband , at least before I was a married woman. I was the queen of junk food. Not anymore, now. Well, at least if there were a de-merit system, I would have been de-ranked from queen to lady-in-waiting of junk food. hehehe simply because I still love junk food but have not consumed as much.

I have turned to be a person who solely rely on carbohydrate to keep me going, and that would be rice. Any delay would have me severe headache and kangkung might now have become a big no-no for me. Hence, the achy body.

ouch, ouch
Maybe it is true; they say when you are married, you exchange DNAs with your other half.

*also known (scientifically) as Convolvulaceae/Ipomoea aquatica or Federal Noxious weed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home